Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lovely Ranjini Projects

I loved the Kaiser frames so much I decided to split them into two different frames to use for two separate projects. On the first frame, I used the patterned dot paper around the edge of the frame. I then added some Basic Grey paper for the focal point of the frame.

I punched birds from the pink crepe paper and placed them on the birdcage paper. I then placed the vintage millinery as shown. I added a ruffled ribbon, a rosette flower at the top and a diecut at the bottom.



I added a photo of Alekha that I punched out with a circle punch. I placed the medallion and pearl from the kit at the bottom.

I wanted to use the frame horizontally this time, and decided to create a scene of Paris' famed Bois de Boulogne in the spring. I used the patterned paper to cut a house shape, the roof, as well as bushes. I also used the packaging of the American crafts rubons to cut the tree top.


I used the strip at the bottom of the My Mind's Eye patterned cardstock as a tree trunk. I used the vintage text from the project kits as my background. I added some other diecut embellishments (mostly from K&Company's new Madeline Collection) as well as a vintage button to embellish the roof of the house.

The bird at the top of the house was cut with a Quickutz die. I added a little ribbon and flower to her neck. I really loved how this turned out!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. This is a great project. I can't wait to get mine out of the package and create. I love what you did with this. Soooo Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!! I love those new K&Co goodies! I had to get them all the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Paris scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gorgeous projects! That Paris scene makes me want to go home right now and get out my paper and scissors!

    ReplyDelete