Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Adore by Danielle Flanders

I used the May project kit (coming soon), along with the Kaiser photo holder from last month to create this little photo display. I added the Jenni Bowlin gems and buttons from my stash and the little wooden clips.

To cover the base, I painted it with black acrylic paint very loosely to let some of the natural color show through, covered some of the background with the papers and the Adore card from the project kit, and then added the clips, so the photos can be easily changed out. I can't wait to give this to my mom for Mother's Day!

You can dress up a cute little wooden clip with a fabulous vintage button by Jenni Bowlin. I wanted to add clips to this project, so the photos can be easily changed out. I like how the natural color looks with the black.

I embossed the large chipboard heart from the project kit with my Cuttlebug machine and the Swiss Dots folder. To get a fuller looking bow, tie the ribbon around the heart in a bow and then tie again to form another bow (one on top of another). I attached the flower and then tied the twine over the top for added layers and interest.
Another fabulous Mothers' Day project! Thanks so much for the inspiration Danielle!
P.S. Did you know Danielle will be teaching at Reflections in California soon? Check her blog for details!
P.S.S. Last month's project kit (which contains the display piece Danielle used on this project) is still in stock, but supplies are limited.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. love this! Must get the photo frame now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Danielle - I'll be working on mine this weekend and this is great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out really cute. I can't wait to get the May kit!

    ReplyDelete