Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Vintagefest in Review


I know I've told you before how much I love Vintagefest. Well, I thought I'd share a little from one of our customers, Teri Davis. Our friends that come back to visit each year make the event and I think Teri embodies what Jenni really enjoys about teaching . . . enthusiasm, creativity, and taking an idea and running with it. Just take a look and a listen to what Teri did with one of her Vintagefest craft projects . . .

Loved seeing you all again at Vintagefest. Will definitely be there in December!

Thought I'd show you what I did with the tins. My friends and I were tossing around ideas of what we could do with them other than magnets and came up with a framed idea. I made the tins for my workout partner who loves to bake. I actually found a 1949 book of New Orleans recipes and tore out some of the dessert, candies, and pastry recipes to use as the background. I surprised her with it and she was giddy with excitement! I have been frantically scouring my antique stores and flea markets searching for more tins.

We loved seeing YOU at vintagefest, Teri, and can't wait to see you again for Holiday Vintagefest! Thanks so much for the inspiration!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Teri!!!! OMG!!! tehehee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!!!

    nicole petersen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, beautiful! So uuuu! Love it Teri!!!
    Melanie Hyatt

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is soooooo beautiful. seriously. i would love to hang that in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work...your cooking friend is very lucky!
    Sure hope I can be there some day.

    ReplyDelete