Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Daniel Flanders and the Dime Store Kit

Today we have the brilliant stylings of Danielle Flanders working with our new Dime Store Kit. She is so good with the details! My favorite is the flowers and pearl peeking out of that half circle at the top. Which detail is your favorite? This is what Danielle says . . .


"I've been wanting to scrap this large photo of my daughter from last fall, but instead of writing about "fall" per se, I decided to journal about her age and how I wish she could stay little forever. Five years of nurturing her have just flown by. I cut the 12 x 12" die cut paper into 4 pieces and layered 2 of the pieces on the right hand side. The number 5 is cut out of one of the journaling cards. I added a pop of red with some felt and twine from my stash."


"I cut a number five out of the journaling card in the kit with a Papertrey Ink die and added the journaling card to a kraft card base to really make the 5 stand out! I used a chipboard button from the kit, added a journaling sticker, a punched star from the orange star paper and a blue rub on star from the alphas in the kit. I cut a word out from the text paper to add to the sentiment of the birthday card.


Having birthday cards on hand are great for all the parties my girls are invited to, so I think I'm going to make more of these. The journaling cards are the perfect size for this application."


"Love how the red twine adds just one more color to this beautiful kit."


And we love this card so much! Thanks for the inspiration Dime Store Danielle!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. These are both lovely! I really like the combination of aqua and orange! And I love the butterflies and that pearl on the layout! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the twine and butterflies!
    ~Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Directly to my faves - love that page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This postcard with 5 is SO NICE! I don't particularly like scrapbooking (because I don't have enough space to store the material and finished projects:)), but I love, absolutely love to make postcards for giving away!

    ReplyDelete