Thursday, September 8, 2011

JBS Mercantile September Guest Karen Grunberg

Today we bring you a little more insight into the inspiration of our September guest, Karen Grunberg . . .

My name is Karen Grunberg, but I generally go by Karenika online. I was born and raised in Istanbul, Turkey but now live in Northern California with my wonderful husband, Jake and two amazing boys David and Nathaniel. I work as a Technical Program Manager at Google, on our browser, Google Chrome. Besides scrapping, I spend most of my free time reading, drawing, art journaling, hugging my family, and writing on my blog.

My favorite layout is the one titled "i love and adore you forever" because it has both my boys on it and I love the photos, and I love the journaling because it's personal to me and I love that I used some paint on my page which is rare for me.

My word for 2011 is free so I have this little bird which sits on a nest outside the birdcage to always remind me of my word.

The four of us: We are doing this project during 2011 where we take a full family photo each weekend day. We take some normal shots and then we do "tickle time" where we just all tickle each other. I love love love the photos that come out of it because you can see the joy in our faces.

The butterfly: I took this photo in 2010 but it's still one of my favorites. I just love the colors and composition and it's yet another reminder of my word of the year. It's also the banner of my blog at the moment.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful ideas! The nest outside the cage door to remind you of your "one" word,brilliant! Better yet, how wonderful it will be when your boys are grown to be able to look back on all those wonderful weekend photos! Lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i visited your blog and wow! i just love your scrapbook style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I am definitely a fan! I love that family photo idea. Priceless.

    P.S. You work for Google? How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The LO for your boys, deserves to be called your favorite! I love the simplicity of the design with a touch of femininity and sophistication.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just wanted to say thank you so so much for your kind words, they mean the whole world to me! :)

    ReplyDelete