Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Jenni Bowlin + Fiskars = Happiness

Hi and Happy Wednesday!

This month, Jenni Bowlin is teaming up with Fiskars!  What a wonderful and happy combination!

I would like to share a short/quick view of how I created this super easy way to use your favorite Fiskars Paper Trimmer and your favorite JBS kit paper.

1.  Cut several strips of paper.  Mine are all approx. 1/4 in in width, but I didn't pay close attention when I was cutting, so some are wider and narrower than 1/4.  Embrace imperfection.  :)


(by the way, this Fiskar ProCision Rotary Trimmer is AMAZING!  It cuts like 'butta')

2.  Weave the strips of paper.  
Quick tip:  Weave your strips of paper on top of a piece of cardstock.  Hold it together with strips of washi tape on each end of each strip.    


3.  Since my shape was a circle, I traced the circle on top of my weaved strips and stitched in place.  This ensured that the strips were secure and would not move once placed on my layout.


4.  Trim up any 'extra' pieces and place behind your die cut shape.


And here's the finished layout!


This layout is very special to me. My oldest just graduated from Otterbein College, Magna Cum Laude, with a degree in Music Education. I am so very proud of him and his accomplishments. He is really a star in my eyes!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful week!

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome layout! Always love Jenni Bowlin products! And I own that Fiskars ProCision Trimmer and I LOVE IT! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 of my favorites together-love it.Fantastic layout-the star is amazing.

    ReplyDelete