Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Weather

 Summer just isn't summer without a little sunshine, and perhaps, an afternoon shower here or there. Whatever the season, I think it's fun to document the weather and the activities it inspires us to do.


Most summers, we beat the heat by hanging out in the pool. I used a disposable underwater camera to capture this shot of my son. The seals on the seal grid stencil remind me of little suns. I pulled out my gelli plate and paints to create this fun print. The colors were very intense ( just like sunshine) so I kept the rest of the layout simple with a few Vintage Sew-on buttons,chevron paper tape and the star flatback.


We do get a lot of afternoon rainstorms. I love walking in the rain with my son. I used to walk with my grandparents in the rain. Sometimes, the rain would be pouring down while the sun was shining through the grey clouds. They called it liquid sunshine. The grey doilies in the Wren collection reminded me of clouds. I added some scraps from the Modern Mercantile line to represent the sunshine and blue skies peaking through the storm. I found the doily in a thrift shop. I love mixing in thrift store finds with my JBS Mercantile supplies.


For whatever reason, I never seem to find any good bits or baubles at the thrift shop. I usually end up buying one of Jenni's Embellishment tins. Every tin is a surprise. In my last tin, I got some little gold birds and awesome rhinestone bits. The little bits are just perfect for adding a little bit of sparkle to my layouts.

Weather is definitely a big part of my family's summer stories? It guides our daily activities and sometimes, leads us to special moments of quiet. How does the weather guide what you do? Have you documented it? I'd love for you to share some of your summer weather stories over in the JBS Mercantile community.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I just took a class today to learn about the gelli plates. It was so much fun. I ordered me one and can hardly wait to get it. Neat page using the seals as sun...love the colors.

    ReplyDelete