Monday, October 20, 2014

Scared-y Cats Are Not Just For Halloween!

It's no secret that my son and I love our kitties.  As I was unpacking my October kits i was particularly delighted with the scared-y cat stencil (and digital cut file!), matching stamp, and black cat sequins in the Papercrafting Kit.  I knew I would be using them often, not just for Halloween.

My first thought was to do a layout about Pepito, our boy kitty.  He is afraid of everything!  Perfect, right?  As I was looking through my recent photos for a suitable photo to use to tell this tale, I came across this one and laughed.  My son can be a bit of a scared-y cat at times, too.  It was a fun play on words as Chichi, our girl kitty, and I are the brave ones at our house.

I used the stencil, grey ink, and a blending tool to create my own scared-y cat patterned paper.  I then stamped the cat in black on a bit of vintage paper to use as an accent piece.  I love how this layout turned out and think the cat motif helps tell our story so well.

Of course, those cats are perfect for Halloween too, as Jill Sprott shows us!  :)
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. If your cat ever longs for a vacation to Hawaii, send him my way. I loooooove him so much. :)

    ReplyDelete